Med-Prov’s Professionals have been supporting CMS with their mission to improve quality and reduce costs for over 6 years by providing Education and Training Support services, working with Providers and Vendors to understand and adopt Quality Reporting Requirements under ACA, PQRS, and now MACRA Rules.
We can help you transition to MIPS by;
- Providing Outreach and Training Programs
- Conducting Internal Review of EHR and Billing System to maximize incentive and manage risk.
- Increase Quality Ranking and improve billing practice.
Are YOU ready for the transition to MIPS?
Sign up for one of our webcasts, with a Q&A session from experts in MIPS, MACRA reform, and how it affects you.
THRIVE in a time of changing regulatory requirements!
Under MACRA, clinicians may participate in one of two tracks: Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) or Advanced Alternative Payment Models (Advanced APMs). 92% of eligible clinicians are projected to fall into the MIPS track, while the remaining 8% will fall into the APM track.
MIPS, combining the pay-for- performance programs: PQRS, VM, and MU will adjust payments based on evidence-based and group or individual clinicians’ quality data.
MIPS Scoring Simplified
The Composite Performance Score is based on four factors; each has a different weight. Please note that these weights will change after the 2017 transition period.
Satisfy Your Quality Composite Score with Med-Prov Professionals and Review.
- Clinicians must report on six quality measures
- One must be an outcome measure.
- Med-Prov supports ALL MIPS registry measures for 2017 reporting!
Entities will be assigned a performance score of 0-100, which will be compared to the performance threshold. The 2017 performance threshold will be three out of a possible 100 points. Clinician entities that score higher than three will receive bonuses, whereas clinicians that fall below three will face penalties.
After the first performance period, the range potential payment adjustments based on performance against MIPS measures grows each year through 2022. Additionally, physicians who perform exceptionally well (score > 70) are eligible to share in an additional pool of bonus funds.
When does MIPS begin?
Who does MIPS affect?
You are eligible to participate in the MIPS track of the Quality Payment Program if you bill more than $30,000 to Medicare, and provide care to more than 100 Medicare patients per year, and you are a Physician, Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, Clinical Nurse Specialist or Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist.
What is MIPS?
If you decide to participate in traditional Medicare, rather than an Advanced APM, then you will participate in MIPS where you earn a performance-based payment adjustment to your Medicare payment. CMS estimates approximately 500,000 clinicians will be eligible to participate in MIPS in the first year of the program.
How is MIPS scored?
MACRA defines four performance categories for MIPS, linked by their connection to quality and value of patient care. Quality, which replaces the Physician Quality Reporting Program (PQRS) represents 60% of the weighted score. Improvement Activities, which is a new category under MIPS represents 15% of the weighted score. Advancing Care Information replaces the Medicare EHR Incentive Program, also known as Meaningful Use, represents 25% of the weighted score.
For more information about 2017 MIPS scoring visit https://qpp.cms.gov/education.
What is the timeline/schedule for MIPS?
You can choose to start anytime between January 1 and October 2, 2017. Whenever you choose to start, you’ll need to send in your performance data by March 31, 2018. The first payment adjustments based on performance go into effect on January 1, 2019